Saturday, July 2, 2011

Trapped

I have a new favorite piece of jewelry. It's a necklace my husband gave me (after I saw it in a store and HEAVILY requested that he buy it for me;)). It's a blue circle of sea glass attached to a silver chain. Think, international symbol for diabetes. I love, love, love it.

And now I can't get it off. I put it on last week to wear with a fabulous white tank top. Apparently I linked the clasp onto a funky link, and now the clasp won't open back up.

My daughter is trapped in a life with diabetes. And now I'm trapped in a diabetes inspired necklace. Oh, the irony!

Side note: A great big THANK YOU to whoever nominated me for the Best of the Betes award! I've been woefully absent from the DOC lately, and when I checked in today, this is what I saw! I still think it's crazy that anyone out there actually reads my ramblings, but now I think I've found some inspiration to ramble on again! So thanks, and stay tuned...

10 comments:

  1. Yay! We love you!

    The necklace thing is pretty funny....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All we need now is a picture of you in the necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!!

    and that is pretty ironic and kinda funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Congratulations!! The necklace sounds beautiful. I want to see a picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the 'trapping', but while you are wearing it I think you should snap a photo to share with us the beautiful sea glass ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so sorry about the trapping, but it did give me a chuckle, so there's that it has going for it.
    Glad you are back blogging, we have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well.... at least you're trapped in beautiful jewelry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you post a picture?? It sounds wonderful!! Sorry you are trapped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey on the bottom of this page http://momentsofwonderful.com/2011/07/01/best-of-the-betes-blogs-1st-edition/ is badge you can put on your blog.

    Best of the Betes - oh yea, it fits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and great content, thanks for this post

    Click here for Low fat desserts

    ReplyDelete